11:28 AM

The Dish TV Experience

continued from previous post ..

 

Dish Logo

 

I tracked down the main dealer in my city . Visiting their showroom I had a talk with them and I had all my doubts clarified . Satisfied with Dish Tv , I placed an order. I was told that a technician would arrive and setup the connection in my house within the next two days . Almost exactly 24 hours later I was surprised when the technician arrived promptly carrying a black bag with all the required equipment and a wireless headset ;) . He first setup the Dish Antenna and after checking for and receiving the best possible signal strength he proceeded to connect the DigiComp to my TV and went on to explain the various functions and services offered by Dish TV . After patiently explaining everything he proceeded to notify his superiors about the successful setup of my connection . Finally the same day I received a call from Dish Tv ‘s customer service department who enquired of my experiences with the intial setup .

If I were told to rate my initial setup experience with DishTv on a scale of 10 . I would give it a 9/10 . In my opinion the initial setup experience to a large extent depends on the local dealer ,so I would advise you to take the pains to locate a major dealer or even better the primary dealer of the particular service provider you plan to use . I find them to be more responsive and experienced when dealing with customers .

Having watched it for over 2 months I have found it to be very reliable . Uptime was nearly 99.9% and only once did it go down for about 20 minutes . I called up the CC and they told us that it was some maintenance work being carried out at their end that caused it to go down . They also happen to have some very new channels like The French TV5Monde and news channel Russia Today so it would be safe to assume that they are serious about adding new channels .The transmission does nt go down during light rains and I have been given a Arion AF-5010sci set top box .

The picture quality is excellent but there is a small problem of volume variations between the channels . The time taken to change from one channel to another is much quicker than some other operators .Dish Tv also provides many auxiliary services which I will blog about in my future posts .

My initial experience has been very positive , will this continue ? only time will tell ..

Dish TV Channel List

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment