7:26 PM

DTH Television IN INDIA

dth-satellite

 

With Direct to Home/Digital TV/Satellite TV services becoming hugely popular in India ,there has been a renewed interest in TV watching in Indian households .As of now there are 6 major DTH operators in India and a lot of them are recent entrants .

I have been a Dish Tv user for a couple of months now and in this blog I ll detail how I went about choosing a service provider and also list out in detail my experiences with the one I chose.

Why did I choose to subscribe Dish TV when there were so many others ?.When I first planned to switch over from cable to DTH service I was faced with a multitude of options, many of these service providers had sprung up recently.The main reason I decided to switch over from cable TV to DTH service was its reputation for reliability and quality and so I proceeded to scour the internet for user reviews of the various providers ,I also enquired around my locality with friends and got their views on the ones that they used . The dominant view among most people I talked to was that TATA Sky provided the best service and quality and were on the costlier side ,but was it true ? or was it a reflection of the success of TATA Sky’s marketing strategy and extensive advertising campaigns ?

To find out i decided to grade each operator according to certain parameters . Some of the major service providers I took into consideration were zee DishTv ,TATA Sky, Airtel DTH, Reliance Big TV and Sun DTH.

In my next post I ll list out the parameters on which I graded each . This is important because the suitability of a particular DTH service provider to you varies, depending on many factors such as the area in which you live and your choice of TV programs .

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment